Here we post details of jobs that have been officially notified to us. Please follow the links on each linked document to follow up this information.
For everything online about job seeking, go to https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus
New Work Club open in Retford - every Friday at Retford Library - read more...
LOCAL JOB VACANCIES
- Skills for Independence Worker - EVE Works
- Personal Assistant - DIPSU, Direct Service Users Limited is currently recruiting for a Person Assistant on behalf of a service user. Please see link for a copy of job description and Personal Assistant specifications. 1st June 2013 will be the closing day. Applicants should go to www.dipsu.co.uk, on the downloads link download the PA application form and then email it to¬ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freelance Quality and Curriculum Coordinator/Internal Verifier - GRA
- Enable Jobs: Data Administrator
We are seeking to appoint an administrator to enter client information on to a variety of management information systems, generate reports and undertake a variety of general office duties. Read more
- Project Coordinator - Manton Centre for Sport & Learning, Worksop
- £9.50 per hour, 30 hours per week
- Temporary contract until the end December 2013
- Closing date 21st May, 2013. Read more...
Accessible Transport Coordinator - Bassetlaw Action Centre
The Bassetlaw Action Centre seeks to appoint an Accessible Transport Co-ordinator (15 hours per week - Monday to Friday - £7.50 per hour) to co-ordinate the Bassetlaw Community Minibus and Car Scheme Plus. Read more...
Nottinghamshire Police are recruiting more officers from 25th Feb 2013.
Voluntary Sector Internship at BCVS 22.5 hours pw (flexible) PAY: Expenses only.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small dynamic team, in our Worksop Office. BCVS is a local support and development organisation for the Voluntary and Community Sector in Bassetlaw, North Nottinghamshire. Read more... (posted 22nd Feb 2013).
Wheels-to-Work programme - six-month loan of a moped to help you get a job. Read more...
Free Bus Travel for Unemployed
Free bus travel is to be offered to unemployed people in an attempt to help them find work under a new scheme announced by the country's biggest bus companies. Read more (Item added 4 Jan 2013).
Voluntary opportunities - see Volunteering.
Assessors and Tutors Wanted
Enable are looking for the following to support the growth of our Apprenticeship contract:
- Qualified assessors to deliver Business Administration and Customer Service Apprenticeships
- Qualified tutors with a specialism in any of the following: Maths/English/ICT to support Functional Skills delivery
If you are interested in supporting us on a freelance basis, or your organisation would like to support us, please contact Nick Taylor (Workforce Skills Manager) on 0115 934 8495. (This item published 4 Jan 2013).
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE County Councilís army of school crossing patrols helps thousands of the countyís 60,000 primary schoolchildren get safely to and from school every day. If you are over 18, in good health and want to join this team - or enrol as a relief, then read these notes (notice posted on this site on 3 October, 2012)
Young Potential charity has a number of opportunities:
a) Youth Development Working (1 year initially - closing date was 22nd June 2012)
b) Sessional Arts and Music Tutors (Casual contract) - not date limited.
c) Community Action Team Leaders (voluntary/internships) - not date limited.
Volunteer Education Assistant required at Idle Valley Nature Reserve.
For latest local Voluntary and Community sector jobs, visit:
National Careers Service Website
The National Careers Service website offers advice on the following: dealing with redundancy; advice for those aged 13-19; returning to work after having children; being an older worker; dealing with a criminal record; returning to work from long-term sickness/injury; working overseas; studying if you have a disability; and much more. Natalie, our Communications Apprentice, spent some time completing the Skills Health Check tools and found them very useful, accessible and easy to use.