Parish Council Meetings generally take place in the Halford Room of Clarborough Village on Mondays at 19:00 (7:00pm). They usually comprise a short ‘Members of the Public’ session during which individuals may question Councillors on issues that concern themselves. After this, the Parish Council Meeting opens during which members of the public are present as observers only. Standing orders state that Parish Council should involve the public and so members of the public may contribute relevant points throughout the meeting subject to the Chairman's discretion.
Meetings usually close around 21:30 (9:30pm). Parish Council Meetings are not usually held in August.
Approved dates for Parish Council Meetings through 2010-2012 (Agendas are shown as links) are:
- 6th December 2010
- 17th January 2011
- 7th March, 2011 This agenda includes a financial summary.
- 4th April, 2011
- 16th May 2011 This meeting included the Annual Public Meeting and AGM.
- 20th June 2011 Note: this was a revised date approved at April’s meeting.
- 18th July 2011
- 12th September 2011
- 3rd October 2011 In the light of Village Hall re-flooring, this meeting was cancelled.
- 7th November 2011
- 5th December 2011
- 16th January, 2012
- 5th March, 2012 Copies of County Councillor Liz Yates’ Broadband petition will be available at this meeting.
- 2nd April 2011 & Annual Public Meeting (precedes Parish Council Meeting)
- 14th May, 2012 This will be the first meeting after elections held on 3rd May, 2012.
- 18th June, 2012
- 30th July, 2012
- 10th September, 2012 - this meeting is scheduled for 14:00 rather than the usual 19:00.
- 22nd October, 2012 - reverts to usual 19:00 start. See Paul Willcock’s letter re. Village Plan to be tabled.
- 3rd December, 2012
- 21st January, 2013
- 4th March, 2013.
- 15th April, 2013 Annual Public Meeting followed by ordinary Parish Council Meeting
- 20th May, 2013 Annual Meeting of the Parish Council.
- 1st July, 2013 Dates from here on are provisional - to be confirmed.
- 5th August, 2013 - optional meeting
- 16th September, 2013
- 28th October, 2013
- 3rd December, 2013
- 13th January, 2014
- 24th February, 2014
It has been observed that our Parish Council Meetings are much more lively and even entertaining than many, so why not come along and get involved?